As in included readme:
PSP UAE4ALL r1 by TTYman, 16/01/2008
- Copy in /PSP/GAME (user mode build) or /PSP/GAME150 (firmware 1.5 compatibility for 3.xx OE release);
There are two different builds in archive:
1) 1.50 Kernel mode (psp_uae4all_r1);
2) 2.00 User mode (psp_uae4all_r1-usermode);
Use psp_uae4all_r1 as installation base, then replace EBOOT.PBP if you have slim psp or would use user mode build;
- Copy kickstart file named kick.rom of version 1.3 (edited 2008-01-17:512k overdump version) in same folder;
- Copy desidered disks images as .adf or .adf.gz (.adz) compressed format into disks folder, for convenience;
- Based on latest Chui’s Dreamcast UAE4ALL and notaz’s uae4all gp2x v0.7.2a optimized blitter routines;
- Maximum speedup hacks using single precision math hardware support;
- full screen hardware scaled support;
- Fixed Overclock to 333 MHz while emulating, 222 MHz in menu;
- Only 546KB kernel build version (1.7MB user mode build).
Same features as Dreamcast version:
- Frameskip between 0-1 without sound and 1-2 with sound.
- Fast FAME Motorola 68000 C core by Fox68k.
- Autoframeskip for real speed.
- Mouse support.
- Joystick support.
- Fast sound with 8 buffers synchronized.
- Filemanager with subdirectories access.
- Complete menu with load, throttle, frameskip, reset… options
- Save disks changes into Virtual memory files (testing).
- Superthrottle mode for speed up intros and loading time.
- ADZ support (ADF floppy image gzip compressed)
- 2 floopy drives emulated.
How work special features:
Hold right trigger first and left trigger second for automatic sound off and frameskip to 10 for speed up. This try to avoid large time for intros and loading time.
- ADZ support
You can compress your ADF floppy images with GZIP compression utility in order to save CD space. GZIP is free and multiplatform: Windows, GNU/Linux, MacOS … better use short filenames to read correctly disks numbers.
- Save disks changes to VM
UAE4ALL can save to VM disk sectors changed using ZIP compression. For games as Dune2, now you can save your campaigns and continue at future. A new menu option called “Save Disks” has added for enable or disable this feature.
- 2 floppy drives emulted
You can choose on filemanager a new disk for DF0 with Cross(X) button and a new disk for DF1 with Square() button. Also, you can eject DF1 with ‘Eject DF1′ option or pressing Triangle button while in menu.
Amiga is a hard machine to emulate. So, a lot of games support drawing shortcuts and cpu timeslice ampler. These methods speed up emulation and improve playbility under PSP.
Unfortunately, UAE4ALL needs frameskipping for real time emulation. Active auto-frameskip menu option for real speed.
If you want sound, it’s a very important thing, the sound needs to be synchronous
Some on loading game demo requires specific mouse buttons combo, so try both buttons and movements while in such menu’s or demo.
- Button SELECT: Main Menu.
- Button START: not used.
- Button HOME: not used (exit, as normal, in user mode build).
- Buttons L+R: Deactivate SuperThrottle mode.
- Buttons L+R while keep pressing: Activate SuperThrottle mode (10x emulation velocity).
- Button Cross(X): used to confirm menu options, to select 1st disk, DF0, in load menu and as 1st mouse button.
- Button Circle(O): used as 2nd mouse button, as secondary joystick button and as go back in menus.
- Button Square(): used to open load disks menu while in main menu, used to select 2nd disk, DF1, in load disks menu.
- Button Triangle(/\): used to eject DF1 and as primary joystick button.
- Button L: in Main menu Run emulation, in load menu go top of list.
- Button R: in Main menu Reset and Run emulation, in load menu go to bottom of list.
- Directional Buttons: emulate mouse movements.
- Analog stick: emulate joystick movements.
- Keyboard emulation unimplemented.
Here is UAE4ALL r1 source code:
PSP UAE4ALL r1 source zipped archive (1.100.135 bytes)
PSP UAE4ALL r1 source zipped archive MD5 checksum file